<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0757793856\46blogName\75Orangette\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLACK\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://orangette.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://orangette.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-5071095333567389549', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

6.28.2013

June 28

Friday!  Yessssssss.

It’s just after noon, and I’m sitting in Essex, my “office” by day, with an imposing to-do list. But before I put on my blinders and get down to it, I wanted to stop by and share a few things that I enjoyed this week. It’s going to be hot (84 degrees! Sunny! HOTTTTT!) in Seattle this weekend, and weekends aren’t really our weekends, living as we do in Restaurant Land, but I have plans nonetheless to get new tires and a rack for my bike, so I can start riding to the office next week. (My last real bike ride was at 19 weeks pregnant and a very bad idea.) In any case, I hope you’ve got a great weekend ahead.


I’ve mentioned Kate Christensen’s writing before, but in case you’re not yet reading her work, please allow me to direct you to this post, which feels so... so... right. I can’t wait for her new book.

A short and funny but useful flower tutorial on the World’s End Farm blog.  I will never be known for flower arranging - ha ha ha please - but I would kill to see things, just for a second, the way Sarah does.



This post of Ganda’s took my breath away.

I want to drink this immediately.

This photo of Katie’s pointed my way to this spectacular-looking cake, and now that strawberry season has arrived in the Pacific Northwest, it’s finally time to try it.


An important piece about women, ambition, and power.  I think it’ll be on my mind for a while.

And last but not least, we’re teaming up with Book Larder to host a dinner in celebration of the new cookbook from the geniuses behind Franny’s!  July 29!  Tickets are available now!  I can’t wait.



Cheers.

26 Comments:

Blogger Corina Sahlin said...

I loved the interview about women and power. I will think about it for a long time, too. Thanks for sharing it! I hope it will stimulate some discussion on my Facebook page!
And hurray for the hot weather, yes? I live two hours NE of Seattle, and we get 100 inches of rain a year. When the sun comes out, I turn into a sunflower!!!

1:21 PM, June 28, 2013  
Anonymous Jade Sheldon-Burnsed said...

I always love your link sharing posts (okay, I love all your posts, but still). That article on ambitious women has also been on my mind this week. I think as women we have a hard time feeling confident about our ambitions because we don't want anyone judging us poorly for it. It's funny in this day and age we still have to worry about that. It's ridiculous really. Without ambition, we can't grow.

1:33 PM, June 28, 2013  
Blogger Lucinda Smith said...

Thank you or sharing the links. I don't know how many times you've directed me to some great writing and poignant thoughts. Enjoy writing your bike - I used to ride my cruiser everyday to work but now I live in a city that isn't very bike friendly. :/

3:11 PM, June 28, 2013  
Anonymous Simone said...

Hi Molly, you are right it is a Great Summer day. We are Happen to in in Seattle for two nights. We ( me and my two children) were on a plane who had an ermergency landing in Seattle. Since I am Reading your Blog since 6 years. I allways thought that I have to go to your Restaurant if I will get to Seattle. We will try to go there tonight. Really looking forward to it. Trank you for your nice blog.
Simone from Munich in Germany

4:07 PM, June 28, 2013  
Blogger lauren alysse said...

i loved that elle article. it was really eye-opening.

as well as Kate Christensen's post! it kind of reminded me of your book, which i definitely need to go back and read this summer!

5:16 PM, June 28, 2013  
Blogger erica said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of June is absolutely adorable; love that smile, love those cheeks!! ^^

9:01 PM, June 28, 2013  
Anonymous Amy said...

Ah that strawberry cream cake is one of my favorite cakes! I make it every year for 4th of July, actually. I posted about it about a year ago on my blog.

And I know-- Seattle and sunny!!! I can't believe it. When I walked outside today and felt that distinctly HOT feeling on every inch of my skin, I was like... what is this madness?!

9:15 PM, June 28, 2013  
Anonymous erin said...

I always love your posts, and thank you for the links. Your child is gorgeous.

9:34 PM, June 28, 2013  
Blogger AuntieAllyn said...

I've gone ahead and ordered Kate Christensen's book, based upon your mention. Looking forward to it. And I'm envious of your peonies . . . our peonies are long gone for the year.

5:44 AM, June 29, 2013  
OpenID girlseeksplace said...

We're melting in Vegas so 84 sounds downright delightful. Enjoy your weekend.

9:16 AM, June 29, 2013  
Anonymous Nancie McDermott said...

Lovely, transporting "morning meeting", thanks for calling it with this post. Abundance here; thanks especially for "The Scarlet 'A'" by Leslie Bennetts. So glad I read it. Taking under consideration....

9:30 AM, June 29, 2013  
Anonymous molly said...

Here, home, in Seattle, for too few short days, but shooting off a wee wave to June, from Capitol Hill.

Pretty sure we brought the heat with us from OH. So glad you're enjoying!

12:13 PM, June 29, 2013  
Anonymous Meredith said...

The cake looks awesome-- but I think the name was changed-- a Strawberry Dream cake is something made with jello. The cooks illus. recipe is called Strawberry Cream Cake.

3:08 PM, June 29, 2013  
Anonymous Kiran @ KiranTarun.com said...

June never fails to put a smile on my face! xo

4:39 PM, June 29, 2013  
Blogger Karen from CT said...

Thanks to you I have been reading Kate's blog for over a year now and went back in her archives to read all her posts. Looking forward to her new book.

6:02 PM, June 29, 2013  
Anonymous Hannah said...

Oooooh! I love a links post! Thanks for all the great scouting about the web you have done to make it easier for us to find cool thangs. I love your daughter's name too. Gorgeous.

Hannah, of www.forkandfiction.com

3:36 AM, June 30, 2013  
Anonymous Ena said...

I love when you write random posts with links! I discover new things I like, like that bread on Sweet Amandine, it's the only bread I've been making since you posted it. I read Ganda's post last night (and Elle article) and indeed it is amazing. And that strawberry cake... I'm making it this week!

3:42 AM, June 30, 2013  
Anonymous Allison said...

Thank you, thank you, you are indefatigably generous. xo

8:38 AM, June 30, 2013  
Anonymous Sharyn Dimmick said...

That is one gorgeous bouquet in the farm piece. Thanks.

1:43 AM, July 01, 2013  
Anonymous Grace said...

Love the link to Kate Christensen's blog -- I've just learned to poach eggs, too, and I can't seem to stop! It's addictive.

Thank Brandon for a lovely dinner at Delancey last night. We were happy to have the fan at our backs (where did this heat come from?) and to watch them make the pizzas. And June, in case you haven't heard, is absolutely precious.

8:30 AM, July 01, 2013  
Blogger Rachael said...

You never really do crossover linking but I really have fun listening to spilled milk. You guys are a hoot. And now I want to read about Barbara Lynch! I think I would have skipped her memoir (she so genius as to be intimidating), but a good hangover story can convince anyone.

12:08 PM, July 01, 2013  
Blogger eatdrinkonewoman said...

Ohai, lovely friend!

8:24 PM, July 02, 2013  
Anonymous Carina said...

I totally agree with the article about women and power. As a woman in a status of power, my mom always downplays her ambition whenever people ask her how she got to where she is now. She is just humble that way. I know the article will be a good read for her. Thanks for sharing!

4:33 AM, July 03, 2013  
Blogger Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Lovely links!

It's been almost 100 here, completely unheard of in the mountains...

2:14 PM, July 05, 2013  
Blogger Alexis Bennett said...

could you please tell me where you got that black & white rug? I'm dying to find something for my living room.

Thank you!

4:45 PM, August 01, 2013  
Blogger Molly said...

Alexis Bennett, the rug was a gift from my mother - something she brought back from a trip to India. Wish I could be more helpful!

10:23 AM, August 02, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home