<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0757793856\46blogName\75Orangette\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLACK\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://orangette.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://orangette.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-5071095333567389549', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

2.24.2006

On the air!

Dry mouth. Clammy hands. Profuse sweating. This unholy trinity of symptoms can mean only one thing: I was on live radio!

Yesterday afternoon I sat down with Christopher Lydon, host of the public radio show Open Source, and several fellow Seattlites* to talk about our fair northwesterly city, or, more precisely, to try to tease apart the question, “What makes a city great?” If you’d like to hear me gush about salmon and doughnuts, lament the state of the local real estate market, and mull over Seattle’s love for the “missed connections” section of craigslist, hop over to Open Source for an mp3 of the show. My segment comes in the final third of the show, so please, be patient. Or skip ahead. I won’t tell.

*Also joining the party via a pre-recorded interview was our favorite local bonne vivante, Viv of Seattle Bon Vivant.

18 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Molly, did you plump for Top Pot? I swear I'd be forty pounds heavier if I lived on Capitol Hill.

3:22 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger gerald said...

Wow! What's next - podcasting? =)

3:33 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger darlamay said...

You had me at Grey's Anatomy. . .

9:14 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger amylou said...

Soooo Famous! You did great and fielded some tough questions without sounding nervous.

Congratulations, Molly.

10:09 AM, February 25, 2006  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

FANTISTICO!!

2:08 PM, February 25, 2006  
Blogger kickpleat said...

lovely job, molly!! so poised you are!

10:21 AM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Molly said...

But of course, Tom! I think I said something along the lines of, "It's the best little pocket of grease you'll ever eat." I wouldn't dream of missing a chance to plump (figuratively, if not literally) for Top Pot. And as for this Capitol Hill business, I hate to say it, but - did you know that there are now locations downtown and in Wedgwood? Look out, bathroom scale...

And as for podcasting, Gerald, nah. I'll stick with the writing gig - for now. I think. Maybe.

Darlamay, I know what your television will be set to tonight.

Thank you, my dear Amy. If nothing else, I discovered that I'm pretty good at concealing my terror.

Foodiechickie, thank you.

And kickpleat, thank you!

10:43 AM, February 26, 2006  
Anonymous Bea at La tartine gourmande said...

Ah so funny Molly. I know Christopher Lydon quite well and a lot of people working at Radio Open Source and PRX! I had a few posts actually about their show ;-)
We live in Boston and a lot of those radio people are friends! A small world!! I will have to listen to the Podcast!

7:29 PM, February 26, 2006  
Anonymous Luisa said...

Bravissima! How very exciting! You sounded great.

8:01 AM, February 27, 2006  
Anonymous secretary said...

Orangette, I am a bad cook but I want to make some of that carmelized cauliflower. how much salt and how long should you roast the cauliflower? Mine turned out very nasty. :o(

9:10 AM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Molly said...

Bea, it is a small world! Christopher Lydon was pretty amazing to watch on the air - what a professional, and what a wildly bright man. Very impressive.

Aww, thank you, ma chere Luisa.

And secretary, I am so sorry to hear about your sad cauliflower. When it is slicked with oil, salted, and caramelized to within an inch of its life, it is one of my favorite standbys, and I hope it becomes one of yours too! For precise instructions, click here to read my Seattlest post about the stuff - and good luck...

1:49 PM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Dawna said...

congrats, Molly!

3:31 PM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Nic said...

Awesome, Molly. You sounded great!

5:27 PM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Zoubida said...

Ha ha ha!!! Ok, I'll skip ahead today and will be back for a full hearing later. Out to hear you and see how much of your "trac" (don't know the word in english) shows through your voice. ;-))

9:43 AM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger Zoubida said...

I couldn't listen yesterday. I don't know why it didn't work. I'll try again today and maybe ask my tech savvy husband to help.

4:19 AM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Molly said...

Thank you, Dawna and Nic!

And Zoubida, I hope that tech-savvy husband of yours was able to save the day! I don't know about you, but nothing gets me more frazzled than my computer acting up. Grrr...

9:58 PM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Michèle said...

ok, I realize I am late on this post, but I wanted to say well done on the radio show. You are a smooth talkin' star! I would have been a bumbling fool but you sounded like an old pro. Well done darlin!

11:02 AM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Isla Pergola said...

Molly,

Have you been on the air again since then and does it get any easier? I´m looking for some advice on talking on air, as our local radio station have asked me to - and I´m sooooo nervous

2:16 PM, June 23, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home